Thursday, July 16, 2009

A new life starts.... yesterday

So 2 months ago I began a new chapter in my life, I got married. And since then everything else has seemed to go downhill. My job cut me out of the budget so I'm unemployed, my pending lawsuit for things that happened almost 2 years ago is going to take even longer, and mother is having a major empty nest breakdown. Trying to balance all this and have my wife as the bread winner has hurt my ego, but not my pride.
I've learned so many skills in my life that I know I'm an asset to anyone willing to hire me, the problem is finding the company. If it's one response from an interviewer I dislike more than anything, it's "you're overqualified for this position". In this lovely economy, a lot of people are going to be overqualified for jobs they are trying out for but that does not mean they don't want the job. Why apply for employment somewhere if you are underqualified?

Anyway, had to get that off my mind. More ramblings to come about life and the pursuit of getting by in this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment